My HeyDay

Sometimes I think it is my mission to bring faith to the faithless, and doubt to the faithful


Taxes in a Globalizing World

Yesterday I went up to the Research Department at the Inter-American Development Bank to meet with the Principal Adviser. I was reading their preliminary paper about the political economy of taxation and I had plenty of suggestions and ideas about their work. No surprises: it's my topic.

So I was talking to them about how to improve the paper. My intention was to drive them to the realm of political science, tempting them with seductory spatial models to explain the median voter preferences. I was listening to their reactions, when "por el rabillo del ojo" I just noticed that, from the wide windows of that office, I had a magnificent view of the White House, just 70 meters away.


I love this feeling: being on board, on the top of the world. Aunque sea el ultimo mono.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Taxes in a Globalizing World”

Post a Comment



Poldavo (Alex). Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

© 2006 My HeyDay | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

Estadí­sticas