My HeyDay

Sometimes I think it is my mission to bring faith to the faithless, and doubt to the faithful


The Crowd in Ecstasy


The crowd in ecstasy, originally uploaded by Poldavo (Alex).

One month ago, I was dancing and feeling like "just one more in the crowd". I admire that kind of community feeling that it's experienced in concerts, but also in sport games, political [massive] demonstrations and, I suppose, the discovery of terra incognita. Your individuality is blurred for just one second to join the collective feeling of being together, doing the same, feeling the rythm, dreaming.

When I look back to the past, the most important things I can remember about my life (falling in love, fighting against some injustice, feeling friendship) coincide with moments like that one in the Pet Shop Boys concert. And, do you know what? I feel less alone after that. :)

This Friday, at Toad's, Patti Smith.

Labels:

0 Responses to “The Crowd in Ecstasy”

Post a Comment



Poldavo (Alex). Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

© 2006 My HeyDay | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

Estadí­sticas