My HeyDay

Sometimes I think it is my mission to bring faith to the faithless, and doubt to the faithful


New Haven tales

Ting-a-ling! I opened the door of the old, fatty deli. The Polish old man looked at me, as every week.

- "A cheese steak, please"
- "Sub or roll?"
- "Sub, sub, yeah."
- "Now it costs 6$. Are you sure?"

I nodded. I'm the laziest guy when it comes to be what economists call a rational economic agent. I can't tell if I really care when it comes to a dollar more or less (as long as I have it). The guy looked at me smiling and he started to make the philly steak. I just yawned.

The CNN was howling just to my left. I start watching the news. Supposedly, someone had killed someone somewhere in the States, and they were going to cover that information during the next 15 minutes. I was hypnotized... I couldn't separate my eyes from those CSI images. And my mouth started to open slooowly.

Then, again, ting-a-ling! and someone entered in the shop. He looked at me, he looked at the TV, sentencing: "Welcome to the United States, my friend".

I just had arrived from Spain 18 hours before (Christmas).

Labels: , , ,

0 Responses to “New Haven tales”

Post a Comment



Poldavo (Alex). Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

© 2006 My HeyDay | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

Estadí­sticas