My HeyDay

Sometimes I think it is my mission to bring faith to the faithless, and doubt to the faithful


Time Flies...

An excerpt from a study just-released:
One of the greatest paradoxes in the field of time psychology is the time–emotion paradox. Over the last few decades, an increasing volume of data has been identified demonstrating the accuracy with which humans are able to estimate time. Confronted with this amazing ability, psychologists have supposed that humans, as other animals, possess a specific mechanism that allows them to measure time...

However, under the influence of emotions, humans can be extremely inaccurate in their time judgements (Droit-Volet & Meck 2007). For example, the passage of time seems to vary depending on whether the subject is in an unpleasant or pleasant context. It drags when being criticized by the boss but flies by when discussing with our friends. That is the time–emotion paradox: why given that we possess a sophisticated time measurement mechanism, are we so inaccurate in our temporal judgements when experiencing emotions?
Droit-Volet, Gil (July 2009) "The Time-Emotion Paradox". Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2009 Jul 12;364(1525):1943-53.

Labels:

2 Responses to “Time Flies...”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi, im applying to the Winter Employee Program and well im hoping to get it. Do you think it's possible, or just have to give up. I study science politics in my contry but it seems that there is no space for me. well mmm i just wanna know because i read those articles about the BID and well i think i can fit them, o at least, have a chance to follow my dreams.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    well i forgot to say that my email is jhon902@hotmail.com well, because you arent the author of many of the article (i think i so a lot of them on WSJ), i hope you could tell me who the author is.
    beg you, you are my sole oportunity
    Jhonatan  

Post a Comment



Poldavo (Alex). Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

© 2006 My HeyDay | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

Estadí­sticas