My HeyDay

Sometimes I think it is my mission to bring faith to the faithless, and doubt to the faithful


Washington DC

I had my first weekend at DC. Coincidentally, Patrick (4 times in the pic below) had some meetings in the area on Friday, and we spent some days together exploring the city. Chinatown; the Arlington cemetery (photos); the area with the Obelisk, the Congress, the Lincoln monument and the White House; the Dupont Circle stunning nightlife; the hipsters and multicultural taste of the trendy Adams Morgan (photos); the loneliness of the Teddy Roosevelt monument in a forest, in an island on the Potomac river, a really rainy day; and well, I think that we are now familiar with the Washingtonian urbanism and streets.


He just left to the airport, and I felt kinda sad. Not just because Patrick is a great guy and a good friend, but because, once more, I feel alone in a new city. Starting from zero again. All the certainties, familiar places, people to call, people to say hello in the morning or partying at night... everybody disappeared. And, once again, I have to rebuild my whole life from that blank sheet. Obviously, it's amazing to have the opportunity to reinterpret myself, unattached from my previous life. I will grow. I will learn, and there are big chances that I will make new good friends and I will miss this city somewhat. But, at the same time, my stamina is not the same compared to my first experience moving to other country (2000). That's the fifth time I move to a new different place, despite that I will be back to the safety of New Haven to the end of the summer. Anyway, that was just a "pataleta" because the day is so rainy. Bless you and enjoy the pics!

(You can see the pictures here or clicking any of the photos).

Labels: , ,

20 Responses to “Washington DC”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Cierto, esto de la lluvia es una mieLda! Ayer todo el mundo estaba de bajón. Será por la bajada de presión, dicen por ahí... A disfrutar de tu washingtonidad!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    it's so nice to have read what you wrote, alex. don't worry, you'll be just fine and you'll meet a lot of friends and have a lot of fun while in DC. gabe and i will always cherish you as a friend and we'll be here when you return to new haven! well, at least, gabby will certainly be here. hehe. un besote - patrick  

  3. # Blogger Lluis

    tu crees que seguira abierto el 18th Lounge? intenta mirarlo, era muy chulo.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Bueno, jefe, 3 meses se pasan volando y puede ser una experiencia increíble para desconectar, así que lo achacaré al día lluvioso. :-)

    P.D. "Bless you"?? Por Dios... estás muy (norte)americanizado, ¿eh?  

  5. # Blogger zarevitz

    Yo creo que es una oportunidad maravillosa, incluso un juego por lo poco que va a durar. Disfrútala mucho.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Quizás tu 'exilio dorado' te exige recomenzar de cero muchas cosas cada poco tiempo. Quizás echas de menos las ventajas de una relación estable...Piensa en las desventajas...;)  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey!! I read what u wrote about washington!! I know! It's very cold, I've been there in an exchange program. I really prefered Ny. The 5tha venue is just awesome! I have also read brave new world(my Ford!! it was so cool!!), animal farm( that Napoleon was such a bad pig. But gives us an idea abpout Stalin's personality), el quijote, the metamorphosis, and all the books u have read. I was like OMG!!How come have we read the same books??I am so surprised, they are also my favorite books. Do you speak spanish? Yo también!Además se frances y alemán! Que divertido conocer a alguien tan parecido a mi!!
    - Mariela de Madrid (actualmente radicando en California)  

  8. # Blogger Alex Guerrero

    Hehe, Mariela. Encantado de conocerte. No es que nos parezcamos, sino que los dos tenemos buen criterio. Jejejejje. Broma.

    Sí, Nueva York está muy bien. Pero yo no me quejo con Washington!  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey soy yo d nuevo!!It's me again!:) Creo q mejor t hablo en castellano LOL si, Animal Farm es increible, tantas cosas q concluir, tanto q analizar y tanto q documentarse sobre el tema!!La revolucion Rusa es un tema fascinante. Y brave new world, OMG, so cool.Lo lei en el colegio hace unos años, y ahora q tngo 20 he vuelto a leerla!Que escandalo! No existia la familia! Estabamos geneticamente predispuestos a una labor!Los alpha, los beta, los ipsilon, alpha plus, todo!!terrible terrible...y un solo gobierno!!Hace temblar a cualquiera. Quien se podría quejarde washington? Si es increible, ya empezó el verano ahí, it's warming up. Cuando fui en enero hacia un frio de la patada.Bueno ya me tengo q ir, me gustaria hacer un blog como tu :) t ha quedado muy bonito. Besos! chau! xoxoxoxoxoxox  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    ay me olvide!! LOL Mi nombre :Mariela Lucía Arango LOL jajaja 100pre me olvido de poner mi nombre...me pasaba en el colegio todo el tiempo cuando era chik!  

  11. # Blogger Alex Guerrero

    Hehe, you are just overwhelming. :)
    So funny!  

  12. # Anonymous Anonymous

    THANX!!:) U R cute yourself!!  

  13. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I am sorry if that bothers u :( I know, I used to get the highest grades at school and I love to learn. How about talking about Don Quixote and The Metamorphosis? Cervantes and Kafka sound great. My family is peruvian , I was born in Madrid and lived in Peru till december. I am in Califormia right now to earn some money so I can study in Peru. It's funny cuz there's a famous peruvian journalist called alejandro guerrero LOL!  

  14. # Blogger Alex Guerrero

    Hehe, I actually know Alejandro Guerrero. I spent some time in Lima ( http://maldealtura.blogspot.com ). :)  

  15. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Really??That's so cool.O mejor dicho: chevere.Y en q parte de Lima viviste?? Yo solia vivir en Surco.Ahora toy en Califronia, pero he visitado NY, washington y un poco de connecticut xq una amiga tenia ahi una casa de campo (q mas parecia mansion d campo XD)y me kede con ella el fin de semana.  

  16. # Blogger Alex Guerrero

    En la avenida principal de San Isidro, la que viene desde Miraflores, desde Larco. No me acuerdo como se llamaba, pero vamos, la grande.  

  17. # Blogger Alex Guerrero

    Av. Arequipa?  

  18. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hmm no me acuerdo  

  19. # Anonymous Anonymous

    no soy buena para recordar las calles sabes?? soy pesima no c ni donde vivo LOL. Mi casa estaba por el colegio La Inmaculada, al final de la benavides.  

  20. # Anonymous Anonymous

    si creo q si es la arequipa, yo tenia clases de guitarra y piano y tenia q tomar mi combi desde ahi. Has viajado en combi cuando estabas en peru?? No sabes lo q era, mucha gente y yo con la tremenda guitarra en el hombro, un desastre.  

Post a Comment



Poldavo (Alex). Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

© 2006 My HeyDay | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

Estadí­sticas